Tuesday, December 8, 2009

To Take A Study Break?

I hope that everyone is having fun this week in the library! :-) I hope to be seeing some people at Mama Flora's tonight for some delicious off-campus food and fundraising goodness!

Our Applebees Flapjack fundraiser can now be found on Facebook! Link to the event is here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187824979435&ref=mf

Other fun things:
I am personally a master of procrastination during these reading days. I came across this page while I was hypothetically considering maybe doing work at some point, and thought that I would share it with everyone!

Grammar Challenge

I thought I’d provide a little morsel from a nonfiction workshop I took in college taught by someone who, among other accomplishments, was the most obsessively precise user of English I have ever and will ever encounter. I have, or, well, had, David Foster Wallace to thank for my own peevishness about mistakes in what he called S.W.E., or Standard Written English. So what follows is the complete text of a worksheet from his class.


It is a pretty short quiz, but still challenging! I got 8/10 correct, try and see if you can beat me :D

1 comment:

  1. Oooh that was a challenge! Let's just say you did better than I did with your 8/10
    :)

    ReplyDelete